Driver's License Reinstatement Fees Driver Services
Please make certain the Driver Services Department has your most current mailing address. Without your current address, our office will be unable to mail you important information regarding your driving status. If you have a new address, please change your address before paying your reinstatement fee. Address Change
All reinstatement fees must be paid prior to issuance of a new Driver's License. The process would be halted or aborted if fines are not cleared in that period.
Applicants will leave the facility with a temporary, secure paper driver's license, which is valid for 90 days and will serve as their DL/State ID for driving purposes and proof of identification. The temporary, secure paper driver's license will contain a photo and the basic information that appears on the permanent driver's license or state ID card. In addition, the facility employee will return the old DL/State ID card back to the applicant.
To Pay Reinstatement Fees Online
- You must owe a reinstatement fee that is listed below.
- You must have a valid Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express credit card.
- A 2.35% fee (minimum of $1.00) will be assessed for all credit card transactions.
Types of Reinstatement Fees Accepted
We are currently accepting electronic payment for reinstatement fees for the following driver's license suspensions and revocations:
- Discretionary Suspension (Traffic Related Suspension) — $70 fee — Payment of this reinstatement fee can only be processed ten (10) days prior to the termination date of suspension.
- Failure to Appear in Court Suspension (Court Related Suspension) — $70 fee — Payment of this reinstatement fee can only be processed if this office has received written proof that you have satisfied the courts requirements.
- Family Responsibility (DHFS or Court Ordered Child Support Suspension) — $70 fee for each Suspension
- Field Sobriety Suspension — (First Offense) — $250 fee owed for each Suspension
- Field Sobriety Suspension — (Multiple Offense) — $500 fee owed for each subsequent Suspension
- Mandatory Insurance Conviction Driver's License Suspension — $100 fee for each Suspension. Please note that this reinstatement fee is for your driver's license suspension. You may also owe a mandatory insurance fee for your license plate suspension. You will be required to contact Vehicle Services to pay that fee. Please refer to your correspondence from Vehicle Services for instructions.
- Parking/Tollway/Automated Traffic Suspension (Municipality/Tollway Authority Violation Suspension) — $70 fee — Payment of this reinstatement fee can only be processed if this office has received Notice of Final Disposition from the Municipality or Tollway Authority.
- Revocations — $500 fee for each Revocation — Payments of this Reinstatement fee can only be processed if we have received a "reinstatement recommendation" from our Administrative Hearing Department and this office has received your SR22 Insurance certificate or out of state insurance waiver.
- Safety Responsibility (Uninsured Accident Administrative Suspension) — $70 fee for each Suspension
- Solicitation of Towing Suspension — $100 fee for each Suspension
- Statutory Summary Suspension — (DUI Related/Implied Consent First Offense) — $250 fee for the first Suspension
- Statutory Summary Suspension — (DUI Related Multiple Offenses) — $500 fee for each subsequent Suspension
- Unsatisfied Judgment (Uninsured Accident Court Ordered Suspension) — $70 fee for each Suspension
- Zero Tolerance Suspension — (Alcohol Related for Individuals under 21 years of age) — $70 fee for each Suspension
For fee types not listed (such as for multiple traffic related offenses or fees owed to other Departments), please refer to your recent correspondence from our office for payment methods. There may be circumstances that will prevent you from paying your fee through this internet program, if this occurs, you will be directed to telephone our office. Some fees that you may owe cannot be paid on line until various conditions have been met. Please note that paying reinstatement fees may not necessarily reinstate your driver's license. Please refer to your recent correspondence from our office regarding all the conditions required prior to license reinstatement.
Paying Your Reinstatement Fee
To pay your reinstatement fee(s), you will be directed to a web page for you to enter the driver's license number for the person owing the reinstatement fee. If you do not have the driver's license number, you may enter the complete name and date of birth and our system will attempt to locate the appropriate record.
Once the record has been located, our system will identify the fees owed that may be eligible for e-payment. You may then select the fee you would like to pay by credit card. Banking regulations require that if you owe multiple fees, only one can be paid for at a time using our internet e-Pay system. There will be a bank handling charge that will be calculated for each fee transaction processed.
You will receive an e-mail receipt after each payment is confirmed.